Lent 2010

Lent 2010

This year instead of giving up one of my nagging vices, I'm giving up a debilitating behavior, procrastination. So, for Lent I'll write something a day, be it a haiku, flash fiction, or minimalist play. Let's see how I do this year.

1.

Teeth working slower than tongue
shoveling it all down
trying to fill a bottomless pit


2.

swaying back and forth
between leathery creases
and vacant screens
that separate the East from the West

3. Dialectical Dialogue - Lent Litanies

Adam: You only go where your lust takes you...
Lilith: And that's why you'll love me until the end of time...hating yourself every pristine, endless second.

4. How to win her back...

Dig for the puzzle pieces that will help you win her back,
Find a frame to help you start understanding what when wrong, where you failed,
Crumble bit by bit as the puzzle begins to take form piece by piece

5. Stages of Man - II

Big black book, small hands
Twain's prose sharpened the speartip
of my budding wits

6. 21st Century Rambling

auto-erotic asphyxiation as an aesthetic theory,
echoing busy signal in the distance as a declaration of being floored
by laundry list of last year's dirty innards
turning left on a right-turn only lane

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prequel to Prisoner Review

The Dog Ate My Homework

Anatomy of Regret (2013 Revision)