Rumination at Year's End

[Note:  Something I drafted 12/31/2011 but forgot to post up.]

I was going to write something about how the highlights of 2011 really gave me new perspective on life and my place in the world, how they taught me that at my age I was still capable of change, and how joy and happiness could still find new places to take root...and conversely about how the low points of 2011 had the potential of etching a shadow on my days to come, a shadow that I'm not sure I'd ever be able to cast a light on.

...but I wanted to avoid the sentimental, so I thought I'd try to write something punny, with airy alliteration, like
"titular trappings tend towards troublesome times" or
"linear lunacy lends life limited longevity"...

...but I didn't want to sound too frivolous, so I went with something more stoic, something to do the old gods of the North right:

"In this last year, my head didn't end up on the tip of a spear, and my heart didn't end up nailed to the Wall, so I guess it was a pretty good year."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prequel to Prisoner Review

The Dog Ate My Homework

Anatomy of Regret (2013 Revision)